From the CEO/MD’s desk
Lt. General (Retired) Arjun Ray (PVSM, VSM) Founder CEO & MD
You must be familiar with Pareto’s 80/20 Principle. This stipulates that only 20% tasks – the “critical few,” are essential; the rest 80% are “trivia.” As leaders, and as teachers and students, we must invest 80% of our time on our 20%. If you do that the outcome will be 80%.
The next step is how do we focus on the 20%? My advice to everyone is “be intentional” about whatever is critical or important (having long-term implications). Intentionality will include the following:
- Convert the 20% critical tasks into SMART and challenging goals.
- Don’t lift your eyes from the task. The task is not an activity; its outcome has to be measured. Be prepared to accept temporary slippage in your 80%, if need be.
- Persistence on achieving the goal/task.
Living intentionally is being deliberate: is having a clear purpose, clarity on the desired outcome, reflection, and followup. This is also the secret of lifelong learning – to live intentionally.
With warm regards,
I have really enjoyed my time here at Indus International School, Pune. Every day is a new adventure and every class provides a new experience. The teachers here are the best I have learnt from. The atmosphere in Indus has always made me feel safe, comfortable and excited. The friends I have made here are going to stay with me forever and the memories are always going to be cherished. Here at Indus, we learn to love, respect and achieve. I appreciate the support that we receive from everyone and the motivation we gain in order to achieve what we desire. Indus feels like home.
Anushka Narkhede (10th grader) , India.
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme is certainly one of the most challenging courses available in High schools around the world. Indus International School, Pune has given its best to make sure that the students not only gain the IB diploma but also develop as a person with exceptional leadership skills. These 2 years of IB have definitely been very rigorous but It has made me confident enough to face the challenges at the University.”
Parimal Patil Class of 2013
Leaders of tomorrow, an emblematic phrase and the motto of our beloved school, has played a pivotal role in my life as a student at Indus International School, Pune. Open-mindedness is what I encountered in abundance throughout my 2 years as an IB student. Freedom of speech, leadership and scholastic merits are merely end products of a fascinating experience not only as a student, but as an individual.”
Akshay Gidwani Class of 2013