International Mud Day
Back to Spotlight
The most memorable days end with the dirtiest clothes!
- Baking a mud cake sounded very interesting to our youngest learners. We invited them to dictate their slurry recipes while connecting virtually.
- We asked questions that helped children describe consistency, texture, and the results they are seeking:
- What does it feel like?
- How are you making it? What’s your recipe?
- What tools are you using to make it, measure it, and mix it?
- How much will you make?
- How will you use it when you’re done?
- Incorporate descriptive words and vocabulary into your conversations, such as slurry, concoction, viscosity, thick, thin, soupy, gloppy, runny, squishy, etc.
In the end, the parents had a tough time from keeping the mud cakes from being consumed. literally!!