At the Indus Early Years Learning Centre (IELC) children develop into curious, enthusiastic and lifelong learners in a child-friendly environment. Here we provide a balance between education and fun, with abundant facilities for children to experience themselves as the creators of their own world. We create a stimulating and positive environment with the right resources and teachers who enjoy and are committed to their work. Our faculty are passionate, energetic and motivated about facilitating each child's unfolding of her unique qualities so that they will emerge as 'Leaders of Tomorrow' - prepared for all challenges. Our curriculum is play-based and nature-oriented so that children experience learning and work as enjoyable and interesting. Community service is an important component of our curriculum that sets us apart from other preschool learning centres.
The facilities offered are:
- Well-equipped classrooms
- ICT facilities (Information and Communication Technology) – The classroom can be connected to the broader world through interactive whiteboards, and ICT provides opportunities for the transformation of teaching and learning in the classroom
- Library – The role of the library is seen as central in the development of literacy. Reading is encouraged at every step of making children literate. A variety of books in different genres and languages are available to spark an appreciation for reading, and inform young readers about the world. Children visit the library regularly and may borrow books from our growing collection.
- Music – Children have regular creative and educational music lessons with a specialist, encouraging an appreciation of music and development of vocal and instrumental skills, such as the keyboard and maracas.
- Fine arts – Children have ample opportunities to engage with art. We believe art develops the sense of aesthetics and is an expression of creativity, enhancing holistic development in the child.
- Indoor and outdoor play area – Indoor and outdoor play area – Our emphasis on physical education helps our children develop their physical fitness, dexterity, and agility.