Welcome to Indus Altum Early Learning Centre. Started in January 2019, at Rani Chennamma Nagar, Belgaum, the school caters to Pre-primary education for children below the age of 6 years.
Belgaum is situated near the foothills of the Sahyadri mountain range in the Western Ghats at an altitude of 779m. The city is known for its pleasant climate year-round and has even experienced a hailstorm in April. Because of its strategic location near Goa, and its salubrious climate, the British chose it as a key cantonment.
The Indus Altum Early Learning Centre nurtures the right environment for young leaders to grow, be creative, culturally sensitive, yet international-minded. The focus on the holistic development of each student highlights the culture of Indus Altum. IAELC draws a student community from all around the world, complemented by the most modern state-of-the-art facilities for the first time at Belgaum. With a teacher/student ratio of 1:10 and a maximum of 20 students per class, IAELC offers a great global educational experience for its students, which every parent can be proud of.
Indus, with its rich legacy of community service, believes that the most sustainable way to pay back to society is through quality education. The flagship, Indus International School, Bangalore, was founded on the ethos of 'In Omnia Paratus - Prepared for All Challenges'. At Indus, this preparation is accomplished through nurturing multiple intelligences and endowing children with the ability to learn and adapt to change. Indus institutions base their education on the traditional and socially relevant values of Love, Empathy, Discipline, and Respect.
Altum is a part of Aques Pvt.Ltd, Belgaum. Aques' journey as an ecosystem of efficiency, based on the values of transparency, trust, and respect reiterate Embedded Quality and Increasing Efficiency. Aques' mission to make an impact on the community has led them to think of various ideas of progression and prosperity. The Aques legacy has already been successful in highlighting the importance of Belgaum on the global front.
With the fusion of these great ideas, the vision of Indus Altum International School was born.
The School’s aspirations are reflected in its ethos:
- Leadership-the ability to lead oneself first, then others.
- Absence of Fear
- Whole Education, but not at the cost of academic excellence
- Close partnership with parents
- Strong community orientation
- Continuous self and professional development of teachers.
- Leadership programmes - empowering children to discover values through community service, communication, conceptual thinking, and creativity; supported by responsibility and goal setting
- Emphasis on community service - enabling children to imbibe core values experientially
- Differentiated instruction in classrooms - through individualized and collaborative learning
- Well-planned outdoor adventure playground, to enhance the learning value of play in early childhood development
To create global citizens and leaders of tomorrow, through the traditional values of love, empathy, discipline and respect – 21st century citizens who think globally and act locally.
To create life entrepreneurs through holistic education and lifelong learning.