How to choose the right Preschool/Playschool for your child in Whitefield?
A child is enrolled in a preschool when their brain and mind is primed for social and emotional development. The learning methodologies used in a preschool contribute toward the cognitive, psychosocial and physical development of the children. In a conducive preschool environment, children will learn how to communicate with their peers and begin to understand the world around them.
The first infant school was started in Scotland in the year 1816. The main objective of this infant school was to inculcate the habit of following instructions and basic numerical and literacy skills. Learning through play was and is an essential part of this education system.
What can parents expect from a preschool?
Most of the Preschools in Whitefield, Bangalore create an ideal environment for children to learn through play, make their own decisions, manage their impulses and emotions, learn to make friends and also empathize with their peers. The preschool curriculum is designed to meet the learning requirements of different age groups. Some of the critical developmental areas a preschool education must cover include:
- Emotional development
- Communication skills like listening and talking
- Improved observation skills
- Understanding and knowledge of the world
- Basic mathematical awareness
- Creative development
- Physical development
- Self-help skills
- Scientific thinking
- Social interactions
Selecting an excellent preschool for your kid is extremely important as children of ages 2 to 8 years require special care and attention. Make sure to check for these factors to find the ideal preschool for your child.
- Proximity: Attend to your child’s needs any hour of the day by choosing a playschool close to your home or workplace.
- Child-friendly infrastructure: Toys, furniture, activity rooms, and toilets should not have sharp edges, and must be made of water-resistant materials. Security cameras must be placed in the classrooms, playrooms, library, activity rooms, etc.
- Standard safety systems: The teachers and caretakers must be trained to use fire extinguishers, emergency exits, and first aid kits. The school must also assure the physical and emotional safety of the children.
Preschool programmes offered at IELC Whitefield
At Indus Early Learning Centre, Whitefield, a prominent preschool in Whitefield, we follow a learning-centric approach and teach children in a way that captures their attention and interest. Our preschool curriculum is classified into four programmes:
- Grade Mother Toddler: For toddlers in the age group of 10 months to 2 years
- Grade Pre-Nursery: Caters to students who are 1.2 to 2 years old
- Grade Nursery: Promotes multi-sensorial and comprehensive learning with a board curriculum that includes arts, sports, music, and dance for children in the age group of 2- 3 years
- Grade Reception: Caters to students who are 3 to 4 years old
- Grade Prep One: Features a transdisciplinary curriculum that includes literacy, science, social studies, numeracy, and personal, social, and physical education. This grade is suitable for age group of 4-5 years.
- Grade Prep Two: Caters to students who are 5 to 6 years of age and features a curriculum that nurtures multiple intelligences and diverse aptitudes
- Grade 1: Caters to students who are 6 to 7 years of age and features a play-based and inquiry-based curriculum