OUR PRESCHOOL STEAM EDUCATION
STEAM activities encourage important learning qualities and characteristics Science requires preschoolers to be both inquirers and researchers, not only problem solve and find solutions but to also ask questions. Science encourages discovery. Seen here our students of reception engaged in salt based art work pieces that helped build curiosity, investigation, and problem solving, often involving exploration. Technology refers to applying most basic tools like crayons and rulers, as well as using simple computer games and educational apps. Engineering activities in preschool are concerned with building structures and designs. Art encourages creativity and allows our children to illustrate concepts and ideas visually. Mathematics isn’t about number sense but includes the ability to see and create patterns, shapes, and build organizational skills like sorting and graphing. As an overarching concept play encourages proper development of both social and emotional skills. Benefits of Play are as follows:
- Play builds confidence.
- Play develops communication skills.
- Play encourages new vocabulary and enriches language usage.
- Play teaches children to cooperate and collaborate.
- Play teaches children to be emotionally intelligent
- Play encourages children to be imaginative and creative.
- Play helps children to imitate real world scenarios and be aware of their environment