|INDUS PYP||AGE RANGE|
As of July 30th
|UK System||US System|
|IB PYP||Nursery||2-3 years||Day Care||Nursery|
|Prep 1||4-5 years||Reception||Pre-KG|
|Prep 2||5-6 years||Year 1||KG|
|Grade 1||6-7 years||Year 2||Grade 1|
|Grade 2||7-8 years||Year 3||Grade 2|
|Grade 3||8-9 years||Year 4||Grade 3|
|Grade 4||9-10 years||Year 5||Grade 4|
|Grade 5||10-11 years||Year 6||Grade 5|
|IB MYP||Grade 6||11-12 years||Year 7||Grade 6|
|Grade 7||12-13 years||Year 8||Grade 7|
|Grade 8||13-14 years||Year 9||Grade 8|
|IGCSE||Grade 9||14-15 years||Year 10||Grade 9|
|Grade 10||15-16 years||Year 11||Grade 10|
|IB DP||Grade 11||16-17 years||Year 12||Grade 11|
|Grade 12||17-18 years||Year 13||Grade 12|
The age criteria for admission is as follows:
- A 2 month leeway from July 30th can be exercised depending on the history and the abilities of the child. So the cutoff date of July 30th can be extended up to Sep 30th provided the child is able to cope with the curriculum and falls in the average category of the grade. The 2 month leeway will be applicable to children from Reception onwards
- In cases where the extension has been provided a provisional admission into the grade will be offered by the school and the school will reserve the right to review the grade appropriateness in a month’s time for grades Reception onwards. The parents will have to agree and accept the decision of the school. The decision will be made in consultation with the Principal, Head of School, Academic Coordinator, Teachers and Parents
- Nursery – Given this is our entry point our cut off can be extended to Oct 30th. However the parents have to agree that the school will reserve the right to review their decision in 2 months’ time in order to assess the child’s suitability and the parent will have to agree with the decision of the school. The decision will be made in consultation with the Principal, academic coordinator, teacher and parent.
- Grade 10 - The alignment of subjects and curriculum with IGCSE is crucial even if the age criteria is met as the student enrolling for admission in grade 10 will be appearing for Board exams the same year. Therefore, admissions will be granted only after the HOS and IGCSE Coordinator scrutinize the curriculum documents and transcripts to ensure smooth transition.
- For IB DP the minimum age is 16 years. There is no upper limit for this course.